Any advertiser who runs ads in social networks wants quick and clear results: it’s not enough to set it up, it’s important to get conversions with it. But it often happens that the clicks on the targeted ads, for example, in the social network, a lot, but the number of sales is still not growing. What if there are clicks, but no sales in Instagram?
The simplest scheme by which social network users interact with ads while viewing the feed looks like this:
- advertisement post;
Fig. 1 – Example of a promotional post advertisement post;
- go to the store (site or social networking site);
Fig. 2 – Switching to the site after a click
- ideally, the purchase of a product or order of a service.
The above chain of action is simple enough, but any of its links can break, often at the last stage. In this case, it is worth figuring out why the scheme does not work, i.e. there are clicks – no orders. Targeted advertising generates the primary interest of Instagram users, but it surely can not provide sales. To make it pay for itself, let’s analyze all the possible reasons for the lack of orders.
1. Possible reasons for lack of orders
Before you change ad campaign settings, you need to make sure that:
- the product/service is displayed according to target requests – that is, the product offered satisfies a specific user need;
- The terms and conditions offered by you are comparable to those of your competitors;
- there are no problems with the relevance of the product/service and the way to buy or order it;
- the application form on the website works correctly;
- the landing page is thematic, modern, has a clear and pleasant to the eye interface;
- the social network account is designed correctly and clearly – getting there, the user can immediately orientate himself in the assortment;
- the target audience of the product/service is chosen correctly;
- the mobile version of the web resource is no less convenient to use than the desktop version.
It would seem that these are obvious reasons for the absence of orders, but it is worth considering them in more detail, based on the peculiarities of Instagram.
2. Problems with advertising promise and competitiveness
First of all, you need to make sure that there are no problems with the perception of the ad:
- his text is written concisely, clearly and competently;
- it attracts attention, motivates the visitor to read the offer and go to the landing page by clicking on the ad;
- the offer must be relevant and contain attractive terms and conditions, thereby convincing the visitor to leave a landing page request to buy a product or order a service.
If your product belongs to the luxury category, it is less likely to be bought spontaneously, and therefore generally has a longer decision-making cycle. This is not a case where you can play on a momentary benefit (“Hurry up, only 65% off today!”). For example, this is where SEO promotion comes in handy, with a social selling strategy that uses expert content to attract leads.
In addition, it is important to “look around” at what is happening in the market for your product/service. Before launching targeted advertising, you should conduct a preliminary analysis of your competitors. Having drawn conclusions about what works in favor of your selling proposition and what works against it, make adjustments if necessary:
- information specified in the profile header;
- written texts of product descriptions and informational posts;
- the quality of images;
- pricing policy.
Read customer reviews of the industry’s top competitors and check the promptness with which experts respond to product inquiries.
3. Problems with ordering
Simplify the customer’s path to purchase by saving him from unnecessary actions. If after viewing an attractive ad on Instagram he can’t click and go straight to the product he’s interested in to place an order, the conversion won’t happen. He should also not be expected to click on the site when he clicks through:
- mandatory registration;
- a lot of mandatory fields to fill out;
- incomprehensible location of the cart.
Fig. 3 – Registration, which you can get tired of even before the purchase
If there is nothing wrong with the promotional offer of the product, then you need to make sure that your site is potentially ready to receive traffic and works correctly.
4. Problems with the landing page
The second intermediate stage of users in the sales funnel will be the landing page (PS) to which they click from your ads on social networks. The purpose of a well-crafted ad – familiarizing the visitor with the offer and his click on the landing page. And this page should interest the user, close his objections and encourage him to buy.
The landing page is considered what the company already has of these three options:
- Official website (needs a large business).
- Social network account (store).
How do you know which option is right for you?
The site will become an optimal COP if:
- it loads quickly – it’s important to respect visitors’ time;
- you have no minimum order limit and the cost of delivery is not up to 50% of the cost of the order itself. It is logical that many users do not like the extra cost;
- items are easy to find, and ordering fields for checkout are only the most necessary.
The requirements for the site are high, since it is the site that converts, and the decision to buy is made directly on it, while targeted advertising only attracts interest and entices. The catalog of goods must be clear and convenient, with subsections and filters.
Instagram can also serve as a landing page. To do this, the promotional posts and storis of the account must meet the following requirements:
- attract appearance, design, evoke pleasant visual feelings;
Fig. 4 – Profile of a flower store
- contain useful content;
Fig. 5 – Example of useful content: myths about hair
- to answer exhaustively any questions users may have.
Fig. 6 – The work schedule of the construction base in the Instagram account
So immediately it becomes clear what product is purchased: what it looks like, what benefits it has, what its price is and whether there are discount offers, from the range of which you can choose if you want.
In addition, pay attention to the first impression: when filling out the profile the header that “greets” the user is important. It should contain data on the seller of goods or services, location, delivery methods, and motivate the user to buy from him. It is important to clearly describe what you do for the benefit of the buyer. It is desirable to make the profile design in a single color scheme, take close-up photos of the product in different angles, set up all the buttons. The number of publications should fully reflect the available assortment.
Fig. 7 – An example of a proper profile header
If you create a store in Instagram – in its design takes into account all the same things that are important for the promotion of the site:
- Structure – any product is easy to find, the availability of product models or the ability to order them is clear. Obviously, the more quality photos, detailed descriptions and characteristics, the easier it is to sell the product.
- Stylish design – Instagram is designed to please the eye, so the beauty of the advertising platform becomes an additional aesthetic factor to choose it for conversion. Advertising creatives from other companies in your industry can be viewed using the Facebook Advertising Library.
- Visibility. Lack of prices under posts and quality images will drive visitors away. It’s good if the latest posts showcase the product you’re promoting in the ad.
Fig. 8 – Example of the absence of the price and the answer to the question about it
The profile posts themselves can also be used to promote your services, if the post shows good organic metrics: likes, reposts, profile conversions and saves. To find out for sure, you need to look at the statistics of the posts in terms of reach, saves, profile conversions and determine which one is more profitable for advertising.
Fig. 9 – Post stats
Storis are relevant in Instagram today. Sometimes they sell even better than posts, since every day you can use them to create a new advertising offer and update your funnel within your account. When you view them, an ad can be shown, and when you click on the button Read more/go to site/instore, it will take you to the site, profile, or Instagram Direct.
Fig. 10 – Successful advertising in Stopis (product and price are visible)
Fig. 11 – Unsuccessful advertising in the posts (not quite clear what action is expected of the user)
How to retain an interested user with targeting:
- demonstrate photo or video reviews of the product from various angles;
- show testimonials from grateful customers who have already used the product in practice;
- answer the question about price;
- show a map, a picture of the front of the facility, or give other directions on how to get there if needed.
5. Problems with targeting settings
When analyzed and eliminated the difficulties of advertising, checkout, set up a landing page and checked all the details from the interface to the creatives, you can, if necessary, proceed to change the settings of the advertising campaign.
In order to track the results of targeted advertising, you will need:
- Installed Facebook Pixel.
- An account in Google Analytics to track changes in statistics on the site.
- Business account for viewing statistics.
Pixel is a web analytics tool that allows you to study the actions of people on the site. For social networking, this tool is also useful:
- measures the effectiveness of advertising;
- allows you to track events that occur on the page;
- makes it possible to make sure that the advertisement is seen by the target audience.
Fig. 12 – Pixel Facebook
The pixel helps segment audiences, creating those that look like the most valuable.
If you promote a post through the “Promote” button and Storis through the “Promote” button, the advertising possibilities are limited. So, you can’t promote old Storis and those with stickers (quiz, timer, Yes/No poll, etc.). It is better to use the business account Facebook Ads Manager or Ads Center.
Important targeting settings:
- the targets chosen for the display;
- the audience selected for advertising;
- time of display;
- language and region of display;
- timing and budget of the advertisement;
- devices on which it is shown.
It is better to build campaigns according to the principle: one campaign – one category. It is better to collect within a group of keys with similar meanings and create them under the relevant ads. Optimally, if the title of the ad coincides with the keyword.
How do you choose a target for a display?
- There’s the Traffic goal, which will show ads to those users who not only look at the ads, but also willingly click the link.
- In turn, the Message goal is suitable for visitors who are loyal to correspondence and have already received promotional messages – they will get the opportunity to write to messenger. This goal is suitable when you don’t have a website: an order message will be written after viewing the ads on the social network.
- There is also a Conversion goal for those who can be retargeted. This includes audiences who haven’t made an order by visiting the site or interacting with social media posts.
Fig. 13 – Advertising campaign goals
There is a risk of miscalculating the budget for display. But since much depends on factors such as location, niche, seasonality and cost of goods, and the cost of attracting customers is difficult to predict, it is better to make the first month of adjustment test in the area of $300 per month and adjust it already in the process.
Thus, when setting up targeting in Instagram, it is important to gather an audience interested in the product + an audience similar to it in interests, and re-show ads to those who were already on the site and on the Instagram account, but did not make a conversion.
Fig. 14 – Two types of audience: interacting and by interest
Setting up impressions for those who have already studied the information in the account is effective in terms of generating sales. By reminding the visitor about a product he has already seen, the ad encourages him to make a decision.
6. Let’s summarize
Of course, the situation when there are clicks and no requests is very ambiguous. But launching targeted advertising can’t be a mechanism for attracting a customer to become an instant tool for making a conversion. Rather, it will raise customer awareness of your products or services, show their benefits and offer exactly what can interest the audience.
To work effectively targeting advertising is necessary:
- think through a promotional offer that makes you stand out among your competitors, design your site and social network well, check the functionality, and place up-to-date information wherever necessary;
- check all the other factors that can detract from the visitor’s conversion – to do this, look at what stage of the sales funnel users are having difficulty;
- properly set up web analytics: work out the relevance of queries, accurately determine the target audience, location, optimize campaign budgets.
Effective advertising in Instagram is a complex and multifaceted process. In order to achieve success, it is necessary to constantly test campaigns. Regularly analyzing the results and correcting mistakes increases the chances of getting impressive results.
Every blog owner dreams of getting more traffic from search engines. To do this, its pages must be in the top ten of the search results, otherwise, when searching for information, people simply will not get to view the resource. Achieving better search engine rankings is the goal of on-Page SEO, which we’ll talk about below.
On-page, or so-called internal SEO, is the process of optimizing the pages of a website. It includes a range of targeted marketing strategy practices and techniques that are applied to the content of web pages. This allows them to rank higher in organic search.
The peculiarity of this type of promotion is that the optimizer’s focus is not only on the essence of the content available to users, but also on the HTML code, on the site structure and on improving usability. Result – search robots should easily analyze the content of the blog, as well as display it higher in the search results.
Before optimizing content, it is highly recommended to conduct an SEO audit, which will reveal the weaknesses of a particular blog and its critical problems. The audit will also help to understand the scope of the tasks that lie ahead.
1. Criteria for quality content: checking the content of the blog
If you already have content on your blog and you want to optimize it for search engines, first evaluate the materials according to these three criteria.
It is she who is an important component of on-Page SEO. First, it is important to determine the intentions of the user looking for the request, and only then optimize the pages for the result or create content from scratch.
So, if a blog reader is in research mode, then his queries will be suitable for ranking the post by search engines. But if he is configured to purchase a specific product or a specific action, then it makes sense to filter out those queries that do not correspond to search intentions and give out the most relevant information.
In the example below, the query “how to make a presentation cool and memorable” drops mostly content from blogs. That is, people are ready to read about it and analyze the material. If we entered a query, for example, “leather jacket”, the probability of getting to the page of an online store or price aggregator would increase significantly. And if the blog is about leather goods, then you need to select key queries with long tails so that the right target audience clicks on them.
Fig. 1 ‒ An example of the relevance of a query in the top
Moreover, this criterion has three components: the type, format and method of content presentation.
For a blog, the content type can be a single post (post) or a page of posts sorted by category.
The content format is most diverse in blogs. So, it can be presented in the form:
- news material;
Almost any content with the word “ideas”, “checklist”, “top ways, how…” are lists, and “How to choose…” are reviews. Most of the results for the “reinstall Windows” series are instructions. Adapt the format of the content to the optimal perception of the audience of the topic on which you are blogging.
The method of the content is presented reveals the topic through the correctly chosen format. Thus, news stories are often presented in text format. The instruction may be the most popular, both in the form of a list and a video. You just need to choose the method that turns out to be the most useful and, accordingly, will attract more traffic.
For example, below the demand for the query “how to make a cappuccino” is evident in the format of step-by-step instructions, video and text. Search engines bring them to the top.
Fig. 2 ‒ An example of the demand for a request in the top
Subsequently, the blog content will need key optimization.
In addition to the obvious answers to the questions “For what audience is the blog content created, how do search engines rank its queries”, the readability of the materials remains relevant. Search engines will only improve ranking results if user behavior confirms the quality of the content and its ease of perception.
Use subheadings up to 70 characters to visually divide text into easily readable blocks. Structure material with numbered and bulleted lists, insert images. If the content is created for professionals, then abbreviations and terms will come in handy, but they can scare newbies away. It is better to leave 2-3 sentences in a paragraph, not more.
3. Memorable presentation features
There are few blog topics that can offer truly unique material. But often they are not required. In popular topics that are in the top, you can always beat the improved characteristics of something, suggest new solutions, give unique examples or look at the problem from a different angle.
Here’s an example of a gaming blog that won’t get confused by users or search engines.
Fig. 3 ‒ An example of the unique blog content presentation
The clearer and more detailed the content is, the more behavioral signals will work in favor of the site. Accordingly, it makes sense for search engines to show it more often, raising it higher in the search results.
2. Optimizing blog content for search engines
The technical component is as important for on-page SEO as the quality of the materials. Based on ranking factors, we optimize content for search engines. These factors, in addition to the quality of the content, which we have already talked about, include:
- well-written keywords in texts;
- page loading speed;
- mobile optimization (responsive design that fits the screen size);
- user experience (bounce rate, time on site);
- human-readable URLs;
- meta tags and subheadings;
Let’s consider the main ones.
- After analyzing the quality criteria of your content, you can start optimizing the keys. SEO specialists research keywords on search engines to find topics that interest users and use the data to plan future content publications. For this, they constitute the semantic core.
But you can check the popularity of keywords yourself. Enter a query into Google and see what options it offers.
Fig. 4 ‒ An example of the search suggestions
This will help you understand how users actually search for information, and what is the best blog post in the future. After seeing the top articles of a competitor on demand, we need to make sure it is blogging content and check their headlines on Google again. There are services that speed up this process.
In the example below, the text content intersects the keys “roller slalom ‒ base”, “roller slalom ‒ teaching basic elements”, “basic slalom elements”.
Fig. 5 ‒ Keyword Crossing Example
The thematic relevance of the content can be improved if, in addition to the main keywords, there is also secondary content in the material, which is also necessary for a deeper understanding of the topic.
This can be helped by the information obtained during the analysis of competitors’ blog pages in the top of the search results on one topic:
- the link that unites these pages: the correctness of terms, general subheadings;
- keys that intersect between multiple pages;
- subtopics among the keywords of relevant pages that rank in the top.
In addition, you can see the “People are also searching” blocks. They also contain information of interest to users.
As for the texts in the blog, depending on the length of the article, keywords from the semantic core should be evenly distributed every 400-500 characters.
2. Website loading speed has been considered one of the key ranking factors for over a decade. Few people will wait for the page to load, even if it is at the top of the search results, most likely, it will switch to a faster one.
Fig. 6 ‒ An example of checking the website loading speed
3. Pay close attention to the H1-H3 tags, meta descriptions, title and alt. It is important to place high-frequency keywords in them, which emphasizes the relevance of the request, which is important for users.
The page title is a link on the search engine results page. It determines whether the page matches the user’s search query, which means whether its click-through rate will increase and whether it will be possible to attract traffic to the page. Therefore, it is important to make the title attractive, the keyword can be declined if necessary. The optimal length for this tag is up to 100 characters.
Fig. 7 ‒ An example of the capacious and useful title in the article
Meta description, also known as description, is a short description of pages, possibly prompting action. It can be seen in search results along with the page title and URL.
- contain keywords;
- must accurately describe the page information;
- ideally increases click-through rates;
- the optimal length is 160-200 characters.
Fig. 8 ‒ An example of the blog home page description
Title tags not only make your content easier for users to read, but also make it easier for search engine crawlers to index your blog pages. These are the elements of the HTML code of the site that represent the headings on the page and are arranged in a hierarchy from top to bottom. Each blog page must have a unique set of heading tags.
Tags as headings allow you to structure the page and divide it into sections and subsections. This helps search engines process the content and present it in the SERP.
Fig. 9 ‒ An example of the subheading in a blog article
Using Alt to describe images will help optimize them. They can also rank in the SERP by driving traffic to your blog pages. Alt text is an attribute that describes an image if the site cannot display it graphically.
What is required to optimize images:
- concise name that reflects the essence;
- a short description, but do not allow over-spam with keys;
- if the size of the image is large, it should be compressed to a medium size.
Fig. 10 ‒ An example of a spelled viola for images
- URLs for pages that should be short but informative. Google has been known to truncate long URLs in search results.
Fig. 11 ‒ An example of a valid URL
Despite the fact that the importance of URL with keywords has already been denied by Google employees, a correctly composed, so-called human-readable URL will help optimize content for search engines.
- Search engines index page content better when using Schema.org micro-markup.
The results are called extended snippets. They are displayed with star ratings, reviews, images look much better and make you want to click on them. In addition, they structure the data on the site for search engines. Therefore, let this factor affect traffic and traffic indirectly, but you need to keep it in mind.
Fig. 12 ‒ An example of micro-markup
Schema.org has several types of markup: for example, Product, Review, Recipe, FAQ, or How-to.
- If the main function of the blog is informational, then you can optimize its content for blocks with answers. They are at the top of the search results and briefly answer the user’s question, literally in one paragraph. To do this, this short answer paragraph must be created in the content. However, the answer to the question may look like a table or a list.
Fig. 13 ‒ An example of an answer to a question in a block with answers
According to a study by Advanced Web Ranking, quick response snippets provide about 33% CTR, which means that getting into quick responses affects website traffic.
3. Helpers for on-page SEO. Looking for tools
For internal SEO, the following list of tools will be useful:
- Google Keyword Planner или Yandex.Wordstat ‒ these services will show the frequency of search queries for keywords and make it possible to check whether all key variants have been taken into account.
Fig. 14 ‒ Google Keyword Planner
- Explorer Ahrefs ‒ the Organic Keywords report will also help you find your competitors’ keywords.
Fig. 15 ‒ Explorer Ahrefs
- Плагин Yoast SEO ‒ allows you to fill in meta tags for blog posts. All in One SEO Pack and The SEO Framework are similar in functionality.
Fig. 16 ‒ Yoast SEO
- MetaTags.io ‒ provides SERP previews of title and meta description tags, as well as URLs.
Fig. 17 ‒ MetaTags.io
- At the stage of assessing the readability of the content, the services Аdvegо and Главред will be relevant.
Fig. 18 ‒ Аdvegо
Fig. 19 ‒ Glavred
- Page Speed Insights ‒ Page Speed Insights is a tool from Google that allows you to easily check the website loading speed and evaluate its effectiveness for both versions of a web resource, mobile and desktop.
Fig. 20 ‒ Page Speed Insights
- Ahrefs SEO Тoolbar ‒ analyzes the structures of other pages that rank in the top.
Fig. 21 ‒ SEO Тoolbar
- Google Trends ‒ shows an increase or decrease in user interest in selected queries.
Fig. 22 ‒ Google Trends
- ShortPixel ‒ serves to compress images and helps to optimize them.
Fig. 23 ‒ ShortPixel
Using these services and programs will help optimize your blog content for search engines and achieve better rankings. It is important that all its factors, from the authority of the content to the correct filling of the meta tags, are worked out, then the chances of getting to the top will significantly increase.
The use of expired domains is one of the effective ways to promote Internet projects. What parameters should be considered when choosing them? Where can I buy drop domains, including international ones? The answers to these and other questions were given in a detailed review by Alexander Kirik – PRPosting search engine optimization consultant. Below we bring to your attention a squeeze of the most important ideas that will be useful to SEO-specialists and entrepreneurs who are going to promote business online.
1. Domain and drop domain: what’s the difference
Even schoolchildren know what a domain is. In fact, this is the address required to recognize a site on the network. The better the domain name is selected, the more chances for a quick and effective promotion of the site. Simple addresses are easy to remember and not difficult to navigate.
A drop domain, which is also called expired, abandoned or deleted, differs in that its owner did not renew the registration on time. Removal of a domain from registers with complete termination of its existence occurs after 30–70 days. This period is determined by the rules of the domain zone. After that, the domain can be put up for auction and available for free sale.
2. Features of drop domains
- An abandoned domain has its own history. It includes ratings and built-up link mass, which will be useful in website promotion.
- The result of using a drop domain is an acceleration of site indexing and more effective promotion.
3. Principles for choosing an expired domain
As a rule, SEO specialists develop their own tactics for selecting a drop domain. However, it is possible to single out the basic characteristics that are necessarily taken into account by each optimizer:
- Live traffic. Buying a domain immediately after registration is complete allows you to reduce advertising and promotion costs. If the site quickly returns to work, the authority gained earlier will contribute to the development of the next owner’s business.
- Search engine visibility. It is not uncommon for a simple domain with acceptable parameters to not rank. The reason may lie in falling under the filter of search engines, detection of malicious programs on the site.
- Age. The main purpose of purchasing a drop domain is to get a site that has been operating on the network for a certain time. However, it is important to make sure that it has not previously been used to post junk content, spam, pornographic content, and other illegal activities. You can get the information you need using the archive.org service.
- High quality links. Backlinks are among the key ranking factors. A high-quality link mass of an abandoned domain plays an important role in increasing search engine rankings. At the same time, the presence of links to the site from dubious resources negatively affects the promotion.
- Authority and trust of the predecessor site. To determine these indicators, special services are used ahrefs, moz etc. With a high level of trust on the part of search engines, the launch and development of a new project is much easier.
- Relevance to the topic and ranking for key queries. This is especially true for launching business sites. Noticeable topic changes are likely to result in a rating downgrade.
4. Where to buy expired domains
Drop domains can be purchased at specialized domain name auctions, freely sold on public sites and specialized forums, personally from the real owner and from squatters who resell sites at a speculative price.
The choice of how to buy a drop domain depends on its characteristics, the estimated budget, and the scope of the company.
5. PRPosting: an expert opinion that is trusted
Fig. 1 – PRPosting – the leading article website promotion platform
PRPosting is a company that specializes in article promotion of sites. Reaching a solid readership is achieved by publishing information and advertising materials on sites with high traffic and user activity.
PRPosting is popular with business owners and has earned their trust due to the following competitive advantages:
- more than 44 thousand donor sites from 177 countries of the world in the catalog;
- only manual placement of publications in the system with daily control of the availability of published material on the site;
- 100% guarantee for the placement of the material and a refund within a week if it is not available;
- one-time payment and publication of material for the entire period of existence of the donor site page;
- creation of unique content by expert authors;
- convenient payment system for the client, support for five currencies, no commission for replenishment;
- a tangible increase in the visibility and ranking of the site in the search results in the near future after the publication of the material.
The PRPosting service has an impeccable reputation and demonstrates excellent results regardless of the size of the project and the budget for promotion. The opinion of his consultants is trusted, as they have established themselves as reputable experts in the field and reliable performers.
This was only some of the important information about drop domains shared by PRPosting expert Alexander Kirik. You can read the full version of the review in the blog of the company “Drop-domains from A to Z: what is it, why, how and where to buy it.”
Google AdSense is the most popular among contextual and image advertising services. You can connect your site or a mobile application to it, and the program will automatically place text, banner, link or multimedia advertisers’ ads on it that are appropriate in context.
When you add a new site, Google checks if you own the site and if it is eligible to serve ads, i.e. whether your site is eligible for the AdSense program. At the same time, it determines itself which advertisement to show on your site. There are two ways to place advertisements – manual and automated.
1. Conditions and features
In order for Google to add a site to AdSense, the following conditions must be met:
- the site must contain unique content;
- it is good if there is a lot of it;
- but it should not include 18+ content, advertising of some areas of alcohol, cigarettes and drugs;
- check the availability of contacts on the site;
- you need to add the ads.txt tag to the root of the site and insert links to the Google data collection policy;
- lightweight and clear design will be an advantage.
Advertisers who have submitted a completed and verified billing profile, full name and valid address are credited with ad serving payouts.
Withdrawing money is possible in several ways:
- to a bank account;
- by bank transfer;
- using the Western Union Quick Cash system.
2. Advantages and disadvantages of the service
Advertising using Google AdSense is actively used by news portals, information sites and blogs. Benefits of using the service:
- Simplified registration and comfortable conditions for admission to the affiliate program.
- The ability to use a pay-by-click campaign (when visitors click on advertising links) or earn income from ad impressions.
- Reliable payment methods.
- Prompt technical support.
However, there are also disadvantages:
- Calculation currency is dollars.
- It is almost impossible to restore an account that has been blocked.
- The threshold amount is $100. You can withdraw money only if it is exceeded.
3. How to connect a website: step by step algorithm
The rules for adding a resource to a program are quite simple. You don’t need to register an account separately if you already have a Google account. The check usually takes several days, maximum two weeks.
Before accepting a request to create an account, Google will ask you to:
- fill in the contact details (if they are not already in the profile through which you entered);
- specify the URL of your site;
- select a country and region;
- accept the Terms of Service.
In addition, you will need to familiarize yourself with the rules.
Fig. 1 – Adding a site to Google AdSense. Step 1
Further, after creating an account, a payment profile will be generated – you must fill in the address to which information about it will be received.
Fig. 2 – Add the site to Google AdSense. Step 2
We add a new resource to the database:
- go to the menu on the left to the “Sites” tab;
- on the right, click on the blue “Add site” block;
- enter the domain name.
Fig. 3 – Add the site to Google AdSense. Step 3
Then click “Save and Continue”.
Fig. 4 – Add the site to Google AdSense. Step 4
As a result, connecting the site to AdSense is very simple:
- copy the proposed code snippet that Google generates on its own;
- we insert it into the html-code of the site header between the <head> and </head> tags.
At the same time, it will not be visually noticeable anywhere.
Fig. 5 – Add the site to Google AdSense. Step 5
It is important to add this code to every page on which you want to display your ad. Make sure this procedure is followed. The code will need to be sent for verification.
After the check is complete, your site will be ready to serve ads. Next, you need to go to the Ads tab and select their formats that you plan to show to your audience.
As we can see, the algorithm for adding a site is simple. Google AdSense remains a very useful service today, which allows even small web resources to earn money on advertising. Success in promoting!
No site is immune to a drop in traffic, and there can be many reasons for this. However, no matter what marketing strategy you follow, the importance of the value of the materials posted on the site is beyond question. The content that has taken the top position in the search has probably already gained the so-called “critical mass” of views, and, possibly, also reposts and reviews. If it is created on an acutely relevant topic, then a surge in the audience’s interest in your site is guaranteed. But for how long?
Materials that remain in demand among users of web resources for a long time and at the same time are marked by search robots as SEO-friendly can be safely attributed to evergreen content.
The name is quite capacious, because the image is clear to every network user. As evergreen trees and shrubs look good all year round, so topical materials – texts, infographics, videos – consistently remain interesting, catchy, viewed. In short, relevant. Such content on the site contributes to better ranking and promotion of the resource.
For example, priority topics for evergreen content include:
- Auto, Moto.
- Medicine, health.
- Career and profession.
- Romantic relationship.
Fig. 1 – An example of evergreen content in floriculture
The difference between regular and evergreen content is clear with examples. Let’s say that a novelty of the lily variety that has gone on sale will be appreciated by only a few site visitors. The process of directly planting any of their varieties will interest flower growers every year, the technology itself does not change radically, but this will not interfere with traffic.
Likewise, discounts in an online store for a specific product will contribute to an influx of visitors, but only until the end of the offer. But the size table for the entire list of products will be relevant for a long time, and no matter how much the collections, models and types of assortment of the online store change in the example below, this content will be relevant.
Fig. 2 – An example of evergreen content in online sales
Accordingly, neither numerical reports, nor news articles, nor reviews of the latest trends and trends are included in this type of content.
It is worth saying that not only articles or videos, but also the sites themselves can be “evergreen”. For example, Wikipedia, which is on the first page of almost half of all Google searches.
1. Problems Solved by Evergreen Content
Having this type of content can be compared to a long-term investment. Perhaps, immediately after the publication, an explosive interest will not appear in it, but in the long term, users will return to viewing or reading the materials again and again.
Thus, the presence of evergreen content on the site solves the following tasks:
- generates stable organic traffic – uninterrupted or seasonal, if the topic becomes relevant at certain times of the year (for example, buying cans with artificial snow in winter or flower beds in landscape design in summer);
- helps to attract new customers, works for the reputation of a particular brand;
- forms a certain information field, helps to solve the pain of customers, to tell the buyer what is better to choose or give an answer to a question of interest;
- increases the number of backlinks – people share information on social networks, save materials in the Favorites of browsers;
- works to mitigate bursts of activity and subsidence in the issue in the event that the audience first comes to study the material (for example, a review of a recently released new smartphone), and then abruptly stop visiting the web resource. Having content that remains relevant can interest users and encourage them to return to the site for valuable information.
Evergreen content is beneficial to have on your site because:
- The number of backlinks and comments in the long run increases brand trust and audience loyalty.
- The resource traffic remains more or less even.
- It does not need to be reworked – you just need to make a few edits, if new information appears on the topic, bring a couple of fresh screenshots or graphs, and the material becomes relevant again.
2. Types and formats of evergreen content
If you classify content by type, then the following materials can be called evergreen:
- longreads and cases of interest;
- articles with an encyclopedic presentation of information;
- collections of life hacks “How to do …” by subject;
- operation manuals;
- dictionary of ingredients and/or components;
- the history of creating a product, company, store;
- description of technologies, materials or methods.
Fig. 3 – Example of evergreen content in the construction industry
As for the format, the evergreen content can be expressed in:
- text publications in blogs and portals;
- YouTube videos;
- audio podcasts;
- posts on social networks;
- PowerPoint or SlideShare presentations, infographics;
- site materials with interactive content, master classes, lessons;
- mailing lists with a list of evergreen publications.
Fig. 4 – Evergreen Content Example: Coffee Infographic
Case in point: an infographic of the path that coffee takes from unplanned beans to the aromatic contents of a coffee machine.
3. Criteria for its quality
In order for content to be linked, it must have value. Here are the criteria by which you can determine it:
- topics that arouse a keen interest of the audience;
- deep study of the topic;
- completeness and reliability of the information disclosed: the given numbers, names, places, evidence or refutation of hypotheses, facts, myths;
- a lively title that is interesting to the reader;
- the presence of the E-A-T factor (Expertise-Authoritativeness-Trustworthiness, which means “expertise, authority, reliability”).
- easy-to-read format.
However, sometimes a capacious presentation, in which there is nothing superfluous, can also be evergreen – as in the example below, where the facts are set out in the presentation. In recent years, users have begun to give preference to structured visual content: slides, infographics. One has only to update the data for the period, keeping the basic structure.
Fig. 5 – Evergreen Content Example: Content Marketing Presentation
And in the following example, the article talks about the Welsh Corgi breed. Despite the fact that the publication was published in 2015 and the site does not have the most user-friendly interface, when asked about the breed, it still falls in the top ten and has comments. Perhaps this is facilitated not only by 36 photographs, but also by a detailed history of the origin of the breed, statistics of height and weight, subspecies of the breed, a touching description of character and habits.
Fig. 6 – Evergreen Content Example: Large Illustrated Corgi Article
Thus, you need to first feel the audience, and only then use optimization methods that are primarily aimed at search robots, and not at people.
4. How to green up existing content?
However, the desire to make their publications more relevant and keep them in the top does not disappear anywhere. So what steps can you take to green up the content you already have on your site?
When one of the foreign webmasters asked John Mueller of Google if it was necessary to complement the publications, increasing their relevance to search engines and users, a company representative replied in the negative. He justified his opinion by the fact that people in any case will give preference to the content that will solve their problems and answer the question.
1. The fact that they have already written about this or shot videos before you does not matter. Fill the content with your observations, statistics, conclusions, photos. Let it be individual, the user will remember it. But remember that material with excellent citations and links will be perceived as more significant than a person’s personal opinion, which is not supported by anything.
2. Resist the urge to post content for professionals. The chances that people with experience and knowledge will turn to you is small, but beginners will be happy to save your article to bookmarks or video in a folder with collections, returning to the web resource again. If your materials on a popular topic are understandable for them and arouse interest, then this will not go unnoticed by search engines.
3. If it is possible not to indicate the publication date, then it is better not to do so.
Fig. 7 – Example of undated evergreen content
4. You shouldn’t try to cover global topics in one article. It is better to break them down into narrower ones, and create the most specific posts, articles or videos. The method of dosing information is much easier for users to perceive, and linking these materials among themselves will allow them to answer questions without overloading them with information.
5. If your content is about how to do something well, mention methods for how to fix the basic mistakes that inevitably happen. If you cover any relevant topic on which new data have appeared, add an interview with a specialist in this area or fresh statistics to the updated publication.
6. When it comes to articles, those with more than 2000 words rank better than shorter texts.
Fig. 8 – Example of evergreen content about child psychology
7. Evergreen content can be translated into other formats to generate traffic to other pages. For example, cover the topic of infographics and conduct a webinar on it. Articles on the same topic can be combined into a single guide and posted on the channel as a thematic playlist.
8. Use lists – structured text is more readable. Add easy navigation.
Fig. 9 – Example of structured evergreen content: recipe
- Avoiding direct occurrences in anchors and using long tail keywords are ways to rank for additional queries.
Thus, a thoughtful and creative approach to creating evergreen content will make it stand out from the rest of the web anyway. And if you conduct a preliminary analysis of the interests of the audience and draw up a content plan in advance, then you just need to adapt the material for a specific site and make small edits in time.
5. Evergreen content in your niche
The best content marketing strategy is one based on a combination of trending articles that are relevant and evergreen. Combining different types of content and combining it with SEO optimization techniques ensures success.
Examples of evergreen content for your industry:
- Internet Marketing – Guides for Google Ads, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager. Top 10 SEO promotion techniques.
- Repair and construction – a collection of life hacks for choosing paints, wallpapers and floor coverings, guidelines for priming walls, a list of technologies.
- Furniture – blueprints, assembly instructions, overview of materials (for example, types of wood for making beds).
- Tourism – guides to cultural and historical attractions, maps with descriptions for tourists.
- Medicine and pharmacology – medical examination schedules, prescriptions for medicines.
- Sports – techniques for performing a set of exercises, a selection of nutritional advice, training programs for different muscle groups.
- Household appliances and electronics – advice on choosing laptops, vacuum cleaners, electric stoves, refrigerators, washing machines.
- Auto and moto – tire calculator, reviews of motorcycle repair and storage.
Create evergreen content, and you will simultaneously solve two problems: offer valuable information to visitors to your web resource and increase the ranking of your own site in the Google search engine.
Link building is a narrow area of SEO based on building a website’s link mass. In other words, this is a way to promote a site by obtaining many links to it on other resources. It appeared after the creation of Google in 1998 and the introduction of Page Rank based on the transfer of link power. Thus, the profession of link builder has become a separate one with the development of Internet marketing, when it became necessary to separate and delegate SEO responsibilities.
So, a link builder is a specialist in creating a high-quality link profile of sites, that is, in external optimization, which involves an increase in the number of external links. They lead to the site, increasing its authority and influencing the ranking along with the presence of quality content. You want to reach the TOP for queries as quickly as possible, and building the link mass of a web resource greatly contributes to this.
1. Link builder priorities and responsibilities
A good link builder takes on a significant part of the SEO job that involves building link mass. So, among his duties, you can list the following:
- drawing up an initial link building strategy;
- search for partner sites for link exchange and advertising platforms;
- determining the reliability of sites and sites suitable for donor sites for projects;
- registration of accounts on link exchanges, thematic forums, catalogs, services with independent reviews. Their conduct;
- agreeing on the conditions for placing links;
- control of the availability of placement of backlinks and the general correctness of the materials in which the links are indicated;
- reporting, analysis of the effectiveness of the work done.
Link building is sometimes confused with bulk link buying. This is not to say that the method of buying link mass is not recognized at all, but the key is that every link received must be carefully checked. It is important for a link builder not only to get a lot of backlinks, but also to influence their quality. After all, backlinks received from spammed sites will certainly lead to sanctions by search engines, and this is the last thing that owners of online resources want. The process of growing backlinks should be gradual and consistent, otherwise search engines will be wary. Smooth link building will not arouse their suspicions.
The most important parameters of the quality of the link mass include:
- Authority of resources.
- Their thematic similarity with the donor site.
- The naturalness of the link mass, i.e. the correctness of the content environment.
The link should organically fit into the text, overlap with images or videos, and not cause dissonance.
2. Link building and strategy for success
Initially, a specialist needs to draw up a link building strategy, which in the long term can “shoot” and become promising. And even if there are no universal algorithms that guarantee promotion using links, the more features should be provided.
Here are the key steps in the strategy:
- determination of the types of links that are needed now (eternal, rental, crowd, from social networks, etc.);
- search for donor sites;
- selection of site landing pages;
- formation of the schedule and frequency of placement;
- direct placement of backlinks;
- if necessary – calculation of the purchase budget
- analysis of the effectiveness of links already available.
In any case, to place links, you need to find the appropriate sites. An experienced link builder will determine if the site is spammed or under sanctions, which will save it from unwanted links in the future. So, for this, they look at the basic indicators of the quality of sites: the date of the last publications, attendance (percentage of visits from the search), usability. It is necessary to trace whether it is planned to place material with a link on subdomains, since they have lower authority.
Examples of where to look for quality sites:
- news feed of the site (if we are talking about interesting news and a link in it);
- thematic forums: at first, links can be placed in signatures, and then in the corresponding topic, disclosed on their own;
- social networks – today this is the most profitable option, links from there are recognized by all search engines;
- blog with quality articles;
- sites where people leave real reviews (there is moderation);
- own YouTube channel;
- resources on which educational materials are located in the public domain;
- paid platforms on which transactions are concluded between donor sites and acceptors.
Also, building a high-quality link mass implies constant monitoring, covering several indicators:
- subject matter and authority of donor sites;
- checking link placement;
- indexing new backlinks;
- tracking broken and lost links.
Actually, it is the analysis of the effectiveness of placing backlinks and tracking the dynamics of site positions that can give the link builder an understanding of how effective his work is.
3. What will help you become a pro link builder
In order to become a link builder, a beginner specialist will need such knowledge and skills, as well as character traits:
- General understanding of SEO terms. Without it, mindGeneral understanding of SEO terms. Without this, of course, nowhere.
- Ability to interact with site owners, promotion specialists, webmasters, etc. Correspondence skills, the ability to politely persuade.
- If you need to work for the Western market, you must have at least an average knowledge of English.
- Owning reporting software will make life easier.
- Analyst’s ability, ability to build a strategy and think for the future.
- Meticulousness in relation to details, scrupulousness. Patience and perseverance.
4. Benefits, disadvantages, job prospects
As in any field, there are features that will either motivate the link builder or require additional effort from him.
So, the benefits of link building:
- Copes with natural link building.
- Definitely, the activity gives a long-term, reliable effect – site traffic increases and remains in the top for a long time. This cannot be said, for example, about contextual advertising.
- Doesn’t require huge budget expenditures – unless the strategy provides for bulk purchase of links.
- Link builder can work remotely.
Disadvantages of work:
- Time-consuming. Not only on the direct placement of links on condition of “manual” link building, but also on the fact that the links give the expected effect in the search.
- Performs poorly in highly competitive niches. Here, the link builder will also need creative thinking in order to distinguish the site from many similar ones and increase the link mass.
- During the work, care is needed – after all, if the links end up on a resource with a bad reputation, then later you will have to make a lot of efforts and resources in order to correct the situation.
Today a link builder is a demanded employee who has the prospect of retraining into a more advanced specialist in the field of Internet promotion. For example, over time, he may become a SEO or develop in management. One way or another, the sphere of creating a link profile will be an effective tool for achieving the set goals for a long time to come and can change along with the algorithms of search engines.
Everyone who promotes their website sooner or later faces the question: which promotion channel from the relevant ones in 2021 to focus on. Consider the features of each and show you how to make a decision in this or that case. The correct selection of marketing tools for a specific niche will determine the maximum possible promotion efficiency.
PPC is a pay-per-click contextual advertising model. PPC advertising is the customization of ads that appear in search results. And the “pay per click” model itself assumes payment per click on the ad, i.e. for clicking on the link to it.
Today it is almost the most popular promotion method, and the reason for this is very fast results both in getting traffic and in the growth of purchases of goods / orders of services.
Advantages of the promotion channel:
- prompt publication of ads – the next day after approval by the moderators, transitions to the site will be available;
- the opportunity to get to the top of the search results, i.e. paid advertising in any case will be shown in the first places;
- coverage of a wide user audience;
- targeting, i.e. the ability to customize an advertising campaign for a specific target audience;
- the option to add an image to the ad, which potentially increases its click-through rate;
- the ability to change the ad, if necessary;
- evaluating the effectiveness of advertising using analytics.
Disadvantages of a pay-per-click ad campaign:
- it is expensive and costs must be tracked. You will need a constant allocation of funds from the budget, otherwise the ads will stop showing;
- limited duration of the method – due to the cost of the service, advertising will bring traffic only until the money runs out;
- the complexity of setting up a campaign – mistakes will inevitably affect its effectiveness;
- the ads can also be seen by competitors, which means that the chance of borrowing good “chips” and enticing customers is quite high.
SEO is a set of measures for search engine optimization, which stands for “search engine optimization”. This promotion channel should be used from the very first day of launching an Internet resource. It represents a range of different works that combine changes in the structure of a web resource, its technical characteristics and the content itself. The goal is to increase the position of the site in the search results as a result of user queries (usually the first 10 Google links are clicked most often).
SEO methods can be categorized into “white”, “gray” and “black” according to the classification accepted by experts.
White methods are those approved by search engines: internal and external optimization – elimination of technical errors of the site, study of usability and commercial factors, increase of the natural link profile. They also include filling the resource with quality content relevant to user queries.
To “gray” – those methods that are not prohibited by search engines. For example, buying links on resources that do not have a bad reputation, increasing the number of keywords in texts to the threshold of spamming. They can speed up the desired result a little, but they should not be overused.
“Black” methods are prohibited by search engines and will cause the imposition of sanctions, so we do not recommend using hidden links or texts, replacing content when it reaches top positions, etc., so that the promoted site is not blocked.
Benefits of SEO promotion:
- increase in attendance by the target audience, which is interested in your offers of goods or services;
- the presence of organic traffic is free in itself, although you will have to pay to get into the TOP-10 – but the amount of traffic depends more on the literacy of actions than on the budget;
- the return on investment is higher than from other methods;
- visibility in organic SERPs is profitable for the future – even if the advertising budget runs out, the SEO rankings will not automatically decrease, and the traffic will not change instantly.
As for the disadvantages, perhaps there is only one – the presence of competition presupposes the struggle for high traffic and, accordingly, constant work is needed: a long-term analysis of the situation, constant actions to optimize and build up the link mass, the creation of high-quality content. In addition to the complexity and specifics of immersion in activities, you will also need to spend a lot of time.
SMM is a channel that is developing faster than others today. Its goal is to increase website traffic and increase conversions by recruiting subscribers. Social media is performing well in high-demand niches.
Frequent publications in the feed, accounting for user search queries, the presence of beautiful photos – this is a guarantee of the effectiveness of advertising. Among the most common methods of promotion on social networks are advertising in groups, targeting and working with influencers (bloggers).
Benefits of SMM promotion:
- availability of feedback from the target audience;
- the work of “word of mouth”, when new products or services instantly gain a lot of reposts.
Disadvantages of using it:
- works only in conjunction with other promotion methods;
- requires constant updating of information, quick response to comments and questions from subscribers;
- the effect will have to wait from six months or more.
4. Formula for successful promotion
As we can see, when considering promotion channels, their advantages and disadvantages often complement each other. This means that for high efficiency of website promotion, it is better to use them in a complex manner.
This is how the term “search engine marketing” appeared, abbreviated SEM, which means “search engine promotion”. In fact, it can be put into the SEO + PPC formula, in that order. The combination of promotion methods gives a good result, but it is more logical to start with long-term and less costly financial SEO, eliminate the flaws in the structure and content of the site, and only then connect PPC to it, which gives a quick result, but requires a prepared site and financial investments.
How to profitably use both methods of website promotion:
- Configure the relationship between Google Ads, Google Search Console and Google.Analytics services. This will provide information about search queries, site visits and bounces. So you can analyze the keys and understand which of them are needed in the semantic core, and which should be discarded.
- Keys from Google Ads can be used in regular searches.
- If you have doubts about the chosen keywords, then before using them in SEO, you can test using PPC – as we remember, search engine optimization is long-term, and contextual advertising gives a quick and visual result.
- Using DSA, a dedicated tool in Google Ads, is suitable for large ad campaigns.
By complementing this promotion strategy by connecting an SMM channel – posts on social networks, attracting subscribers to groups and setting up advertising impressions in them, you can count on successful promotion.
In addition, you can connect the rest, auxiliary types of advertising: E-mail marketing, positioning on external resources, etc.
Thus, we see that the formula for successful website promotion looks like this:
SEM + SMM + Other types of advertising = Website promotion
It makes no sense to dwell on only one promotion channel for a long time if the goal is to reach the TOP. However, a lot depends on the niche and on the specifics of a particular brand, so it is always important to take into account the factors in the complex: fast indexing of pages by search engines using SEO and prompt user acquisition using PPC is like a well-coordinated work with both hands, right and left. And the use of additional tools improves and makes this work even more efficient.
Any site owner wants to see their content at the top of the search results. In order to easily find a page with published material in the search, it must be registered in the index – a special database of search engines. Because those pages that search engines do not know about and do not participate in the search results. They need to be “introduced”, in other words, indexed.
1. What indexing affects
This task is performed by special robots that crawl the entire resource and collect information from its pages, and also send requests to the server. If the resource was verified successfully, then its data is entered into the index.
In the process of indexing, robots evaluate a set of factors:
- quality and frequency of content updating – texts, graphic elements;
- hitting the topic;
- engagement and attendance;
- availability from various devices;
- internal and external links;
- nesting of pages;
- download speed, etc.
The higher the usefulness of the site, the higher its pages are ranked, and the growth in SERPs leads to an influx of traffic. Thus, indexing contributes to the rapid promotion of a web resource and, due to an increase in traffic, an increase in conversions. It is definitely worth knowing how to speed up indexing.
2. Indexing algorithms
When the site is updated only from time to time, search robots enter the resource no more than once a week, with daily – indexing is carried out several times a day. The search engine indexes no more than 30 pages per visit.
There is also such an indicator as the indexing depth: this is the number of levels that the robot sequentially passes through the links of the site, starting from its main page. But often he studies only the upper levels, respectively, the lower ones are temporarily left without indexing, until the next time. Therefore, I want to speed up the indexing of links so that the target audience comes to the site faster and takes the necessary actions.
After analyzing the page, search robots rank the site. The frequency of site indexing is mainly influenced by two factors: site traffic and how often the resource itself is updated with new content. Robots track any flaws and reduce the credibility of sites that contain inaccurate and/or poorly submitted information. The content of the pages must be relevant to user requests.
In addition, small auxiliary factors also affect: for example, a clear and convenient structure of the site, the presence of working links – all this has a positive effect on indexing. Search engine robots independently find and check the created site or new pages of an already viewed web resource.
If the necessary conditions are met on it, then the indexing of the site is faster and takes from 24 hours to a week. If not everything is in order, then the search engines “forget” about the site and go to research others. So, for example, Google will not index a web resource if it comes under sanctions – a notification will be displayed that the site address is prohibited from being added for indexing, or if there are problems with the server, a message will appear stating that hosting does not respond to system requests.
3. How to check that a site is indexed
There are three main ways to check a web resource:
- Manually, using the site operator.
You need to enter the command in the search box: site: [site_ url] to get data about all indexed pages. If the values in Google and Yandex differ noticeably, then there is a chance that the site is under the filter.
Fig. 1 – Checking indexing manually
2. Use free webmaster tools.
For example, see the data on the Google Search Console page. You will need to open the “Google Index” section and go to the “Indexing Status” block. Indexing and Sitemap reports are also available there. Google checks pages faster by first crawling the entire site and then skipping only the best pages.
This can also be done in Yandex: you need to enter the site’s URL in the form, confirm your owner status, go to “Site Indexing” and then to “Pages in Search”.
Fig. 2 – RDS Bar Plugin for Chrome
Fig. 3 – XSEO.in interface
Fig. 4 – SEOGadget interface
4. Ways to speed up indexing
The wait for the robot to crawl new site pages is often delayed. The exit is accelerated indexing. There are several ways to grow up in the search results, which have shown their effectiveness:
- Use a Sitemap.xml file that determines the rate at which new pages are indexed. If you add links to them right away, the robots that follow the content update will find them faster. The file must be saved at the root of the site.
You can update the file manually after adjusting the content of the web resource and send it using a special report,
but it is much more convenient to use a dynamic Sitemap.xml: as new pages are created, the file will update itself.
For example, for sites based on Tilda, this map is dynamic by default, and for other CMS you can install additional plugins: for example, All in One SEO Pack may be suitable for WordPress.
2. View like Googlebot using the Google Webmaster Panel. This is the name of the option, it is located in the “Scan” section. Manual browsing in progress. To do this, you need to insert the address of the desired page, removing the name of the site itself from the url. Then we press the button “Scan” and then – “Add to index”. Within half an hour, the scanned page will appear in the index.
3. Optimize by setting your robots.txt file. It is necessary to prohibit visiting technical, service pages and viewing other information that does not carry useful information.
4. Create an RSS feed and use social media. The first method is no longer relevant for most users, but search engines still see links to new pages added. As for social networks, today it is already clear to everyone that building a link mass with the help of links to standing content affects indexing. In general, having links on sites that generate targeted traffic is a great idea.
5. Configure DFI – Click Distance from Index (the number of clicks from the main page of the site to the current one, which is important to index). The fewer clicks between them, the higher the priority of the page from the point of view of the search engine’s algorithm. Usability of sites today is difficult to underestimate: the optimal path to any indexed page should be no more than three clicks from the main menu.
In addition, to speed up indexing, it does not hurt to check:
- the structure of the sections and their linking – the search robot has nowhere to go to it, respectively, there are problems with relevance;
- placement of content on the site: how useful it is, how often it is updated, what is the ratio in each text of the number of keywords and its total volume;
- navigation and codes of the site pages – are there any duplicates and errors;
- weight of images, as it can slow down page loading and reflect badly on indexing in SERP.
5. What problems can you face
- If the pages are not indexed at all or only by one of the search engines, then you need to first check the hosting settings and the robots.txt file. It is important that there is no prohibition on indexing. If only one search engine sees it, then the problem may lie precisely in the presence of filters and sanctions. It is worth determining which of them are on the site and making edits.
2. If indexing occurs, but for a long time, then there are many more options for reasons and you need to check them in turn. Problems may be lack of optimization, lack of linking, rare content updates, etc.
3. If you have problems with specific URLs, you can send these pages for crawling in Google Search Console (the URL Checker Tool is useful) and Yandex.Webmaster (looking for Indexing – Page crawling).
Site indexing is a complex job. This is a rather unpredictable process, but since its influence on the ranking of a site in the SERP is very important, it is worth simplifying the task for search robots as much as possible.
If you quickly apply most of the general recommendations described in this article, then most likely they will have a positive effect on indexing speed. And of course, after that, it is worthwhile to start promoting the web resource.
PPC is an internet marketing term that translates as “pay per click”. Its essence lies in the fact that when an advertising offer is shown to a target audience, an amount is debited from the advertiser for a click on this ad, and not for the number of its impressions.
Previously, the CPM model was popular, which assumes a price per 1000 impressions of a commercial block, regardless of the reaction of the audience. But paying for non-targeted impressions is pointless, so today the option with click-through payment is recognized as a more justified pricing model ‒ you can calculate the exact number of visitors who went to the site.
This is why advertisers are interested in using PPC ‒ Pay per Click. Although there is already a more advanced model, PPA – Pay-Per-Action, its features ‒ the advertiser pays for specific user actions on his site. For example, for browsing pages, purchasing goods or ordering services, downloading files or filling out questionnaires. However, for a business that is conducted not only online, but also offline, PPC is better suited.
1. Who works with this model?
PPC is introduced into the marketing strategy by a contextual advertising specialist who leads and sets up advertising campaigns, experiments with pricing models. It also performs many more functions:
- Builds a traffic funnel together with sales specialists and determines the priority areas of product advertising.
- Adapts campaigns to the specifics of specific systems. Since there are differences between advertising in Google Ads and Yandex.Direct, in social networks, etc.
- Finds advertising tools, platforms and tests them for the opportunity to reduce the price for a perfect transition.
- Monitors campaigns and, if necessary, quickly makes changes to them, monitors performance metrics.
2. Why is it beneficial to use PPC
Since the main goal of this model’s ad messages is to get the most clicks on the ad, it becomes an integral part of the sales funnel. More precisely, it belongs to the upper part of it, allowing you to attract as much traffic to the site as possible.
Advertising message formats vary. They can appear:
- in search results ‒ graphic or text blocks;
Fig. 1 ‒ Example of advertising messages in a search engine
- on site banners (static or dynamic);
Fig. 2 ‒ Example of a side banner ad
- as contextual ads.
Fig. 3 ‒ Example of contextual messages on a news site
Since those users who are already interested in the offered information click on the ads, the chances of seeing them as customers are significantly increased.
3. Cost per click and its factors
An ad can be shown in the SERP or on the site several times within an hour. Accordingly, from 20 to 50 impressions can be recruited per day. But the payment will be debited from the advertiser’s account only after each click of the visitor.
The specific cost of a completed transition after clicking on a banner or ad that is debited from the account is CPC, or Cost-Per-Click.
The transition price can be fixed or flexible, the second option is more typical for search engines and social networks. CPC efficiency is influenced by:
- The quality of the content in your ad or banner.
- The relevance of the landing page to the user request.
- Ad click-through rates and other technical details.
- The site where the ad or banner is placed.
- Number of impressions.
- Competition in a specific niche at the time of the advertising campaign.
Any pay-per-click campaign aims to reduce the cost of going to the site by lowering the CPC value. This means that the advertiser spends less on the budget, but at the same time gets more traffic to the landing page.
In practice, there are two common ways of determining the cost of a click: calculation at a fixed price per click ‒ flat-rate PPC, and calculation at a competitive rate ‒ bid-based PPC. Flat-rate PPC assumes that the cost per click is fixed and changes only when the agreements are revised. In turn, Bid-based PPC is a little more complicated: the cost per click depends on the planning of an advertising campaign, and different ads from different employers can apply for one place at the same time. In this case, each of them strives to get the most clicks for the lowest cost.
4. How to measure PPC performance
It should be noted that the effectiveness of the PPC model is determined not only by the cost of a click.
There is a separate indicator of efficiency ‒ ROMI, or return on investment, translated as “return on investment”. It can be considered an indicator of the profitability of an advertising campaign ‒ ROMI allows you to quickly assess the effectiveness of the activities that are being carried out. The fact that the project did not pay off is shown by any negative ROMI index, that is, any below 100%.
There are PPC management systems that charge you on a PPC basis. If a user clicks on such an advertisement, he will be taken to the system’s catalog, which looks like a search engine for him, where positions are determined not by the quality of the site, but by the cost of a click paid by the advertiser. For the advertiser, the transition of the user to the page of the PPC system is free ‒ the click is paid only when moving from it to the target site.
Thus, the high performance of a PPC campaign (high ROI) is visually tracked by three indicators:
- the number of conversions;
- growth of targeted traffic;
- the most reduced cost per click.
After all, high conversions cannot be achieved with a low cost per click and inappropriate traffic.
When buying a domain, webmasters will find it useful to know the history of the site. If he already had bans and filters, then this will directly affect his subsequent promotion. Thus, it is important to buy either new domains with a clean history, or those with a positive history. But since it is more difficult to promote a domain from scratch in the search, then buying an old domain with a good history remains popular.
Information about a web resource from the moment of its creation is stored in virtual archives. They create exact copies of the pages of the sites that are open to access. These copies are stored on the archive server.
Let’s take a look at some proven tools for checking the history of web resources.
1. Wayback Machine site
No wonder this service is called the time machine of sites – many of their virtual histories are stored here. So, to check the status of the domain, follow the link and enter the site URL we need:
Fig. 1 – Wayback Machine interface
A calendar with clickable dates will be displayed on the page, and after clicking on one of them, the archive will show the version of the site that was current on that day. The service will be useful even if the old site had a lot of good content that would be useful for filling new resources. You can restore the site in order to pick up non-indexable pages using the RoboTools tool.
2. Yandex search engine
If you enter a domain in Yandex and click on three dots next to the site, a menu will drop out where you need to select “Site Information”.
Fig. 2 – Checking the quality of the domain in the search engine
Next, the received icons, IKS and reviews, if they already exist, will open.
Fig. 3 – Yandex Webmaster interface
3. WhoIS service
Domain names are also checked using WhoIS. If you enter the URL into the search bar, information will appear.
Fig. 4 – WhoIS interface
4. Netpeak Checker
Bonus, fourth way! It is worth noting that if you need to check several domain names at once through the Wayback Machine or Whois, then you can use the service from Netpeak:
Fig. 5 – Netpeak Checker interface
At the end of the analysis, the data will be formed into a table.
5. Programs for analyzing domain data for the visibility and state of the resource in search engines
An indirect method that is suitable for obtaining complete reliable information and will come in handy at the stage of buying a domain.
Allows you to find out information about the domain.
Fig. 6 – Serpstat interface
The tool provides a comprehensive analysis of the site: basic queries and links, visibility dynamics and traffic sources. Thus, it is not difficult to form an opinion about history.
Fig. 7 – Megaindex interface
Free audit tool. Provides information about how popular the resource is in search engines.
Fig. 8 – Interface Be1
Thus, knowing the history of a site is essential to deciding whether to use a domain. If the purchase of a site with a history is suitable, then after restoring the information, you can see:
- how long it has existed and how it looked before;
- his previous topic;
- the presence of filters, sanctions and bans;
- how much profit did you bring from the initial version of the design (was it justified to change it);
- other domains within the server;
- how many owners have changed the resource.
Knowing the history of the site and the details of its previous operation, you will not get into a mess and will not work with a web resource that has a bad reputation. Good luck!