The source – blog.google
Google has made a number of changes to search, YouTube, and Google Ads. These measures are aimed at protecting minors online.
Here's what has changed:
- Now it is possible to remove certain images from the search for minors.
In the coming weeks, all users in this category and their parents will be able to request Google to remove images. They won't show up in Google Images search results.
- By default, YouTube private mode will be entered. This will affect adolescents 13-17 years old.
- Limitations of Google Ads targeting. Protection features will be expanded in the coming months to prevent inappropriate content from being shown to users under the age of 18. The service will also prohibit targeting by age, gender and interests to minors.
- Google searches will automatically turn on Safe Browsing for users under the age of 18.
- Minors will not be able to enable location history.