The source – support.google.com
There are new default channel groups in Google Analytics 4. There are now 7 of them in total:
- Organic Shopping;
- Paid Shopping;
- Organic Video;
- Paid Video;
- Mobile Push Notifications.
Now traffic from YouTube will be detected either in Paid Video or Organic Video.
- In Paid Video - if automatic gclid markup is enabled or in utm_medium it is specified that the traffic is paid.
- Organic Video - if the automatic markup is not enabled and utm_medium does not indicate that paid traffic.
Before this update, organic traffic from YouTube was defined in Social, and paid traffic was defined in Video.
There are other changes as well:
- Paid channels now additionally include CPA and CPV. Google Analytics 4 recognizes all media that match the regular expression ^(.*cp.*|ppc|paid.*)$ as paid. The system identifies such traffic as Paid Search, Paid Social, Paid Shopping, Paid Video or Paid Other.
- Traffic from social networks marked with utm tag medium=organic, previously defined in Organic Search, is now defined in Organic Social.