The source – developers.google.com
However, there are no significant changes in it: the main recommendations remain the same.
To improve the user experience, Google advises:
- create unobtrusive dialogues;
- use banners instead of cross-page ads.
What is recommended for website owners:
- use popular libraries;
- avoid common pitfalls, such as cross-page ads that cover all page content and redirect the user to a separate page for consent or data entry.
For mandatory cross-page ads, Google advises the following guidelines:
- Make sure the content aligns with the cross-page ad. That way Google can index at least some of the content and show it in search results.
- Do not redirect incoming HTTP requests to another page for consent or data collection.