The source – developers.google.com
Google has released its annual report on search engine spam.
According to the company, SpamBrain, a machine-learning-based spam identification system, detected 6 times more spammy sites in 2021 than in 2020.
What other information the company provided:
- The number of spammy sites that have been hacked has decreased by 70% in the output.
- The number of fraudulent sites is down 40%.
- Google was able to detect and ensure that 99% of queries were spam-free.
- Progress is noticeable in the fight against different types of spam - the search engine is better at detecting fraudulent, hacked, low-quality sites.
- It's also better at detecting unnatural links in different languages and eliminating their impact on search results.
- Efforts are being made to reduce the amount of low-quality content and ranking manipulation.