The source – about.fb.com
According to Meta, half of the time spent on Facebook and Instagram is spent watching videos, and the fastest growing content format at the moment is Reels. So the decision was made to launch it on Facebook as well.
Facebook Reels users will have the ability to:
- create remixes with other videos;
- upload videos up to 60 seconds long, similar to Instagram Reels;
- save them as drafts;
- mark them as their favorites;
- comment on them;
- share them in Stories.
When viewing Reels, it will be possible to subscribe to the author directly from the video.
In addition, over the next few weeks, users will be able to create and use Reels in:
- Stories, where they will be able to share both those already published and create them from stories;
- Watch (watch only for now);
- the top of the feed, where a new icon will appear for quick access;
- Ribbon in the recommended videos.
Reels' cross-posting feature between Facebook and Instagram will also be available.