The source – searchenginejournal.com
Google has released an update to Lighthouse, a site auditing tool. In version 8.0, the weighting of the main site performance metrics has changed. The update has already been launched in PageSpeed Insights, and in Google Chrome it will become available after the release of version 93 (the release is scheduled for August 31, 2021).
- Revision of performance metrics.
- The estimation of the total block time (TBT) has become more stringent.
- The first content rendering (FCP) score has become more stringent.
- Cumulative Layout Displacement (CLS) estimation has become less stringent.
- It is expected that as a result of this update, about 60% of site owners will notice positive changes in their resources.
In addition, Google has updated the Lighthouse API. It now uses the new CLS metric definition by default. The old version of this metric will be available for a while.