The source – cloud.google.com
Google announced that the Duo video messenger will cease to exist as a separate add-on in the coming years. It will become part of the video conferencing service Google Meet, and will take the best of Duo and become the only platform for video meetings and group chats, which supports all kinds of communication. Thus, Google simply updates the existing program and expands its functionality.
- Initially, Duo will have the main functions of Google Meet. So users will try the function of scheduling videoconferences at a convenient time.
- Another step of this year, the Duo program will be changed to Google Meet, a video communication platform with free access.
All existing Duo features will remain available:
- videocalls to friends and family with a phone number or email address;
- and funny features and effects;
- and communication history, contacts and messages remain available in the program as before.
Google employees will try to make the transition from Duo to Meet as seamless as possible. You can find more information in the Help.