The source – seoclarity.net
The company Seo Clarity has published the results of a study on the distribution of clicks in Google output.
It analyzed more than 750 billion impressions for 17+ billion unique keywords in order to analyze CTR by such criteria:
- device (mobile and desktop);;
The key results of the study showed:
- CTR of top 10 organics decreased significantly.
- Mobile results receive 85.8% more impressions than desktop results.
- Approximately 65% of searches remain click-free for organics.
- Mobile users are less likely to click on well ranked results than desktop users.
- Top 1 CTR: For desktop, the average is 8.17%; for mobile, it's 6.74%.
- By country: the lowest CTR for both Top 10 and Top 20 is in the US - 9.13%.
- Users scroll more: CTR 17-20 positions is actually higher than CTR 11-16 positions.
- The minimum CTR is in May and December, the maximum is from July to September.
- The CTR of positions depends significantly on subject matter. Clothing & Fashion has the lowest average CTR (1.43%), and Real Estate has the highest average (2.45%).
You can read more about the study in the company report.